Den 4 gathered to work on the “Fix it” elective adventure on Sunday, March 21. Our scouts learned about (and worked on) everything from light bulbs and breaker switches to inflating tires and oiling door hinges. Mr. Phil has especially enjoyed the bike tune-up this week 🙂 The scouts completed the following requirements:
- Put a Fix It Toolbox together. Describe what each item in your toolbox can be used for. Show how to use three of the tools safely.
- Be ready. With the help of an adult in your family, do the following:
- Locate the electrical panel in your home. Determine if the electrical panel has fuses or breakers.
- Determine what heat source is used to heat your home.
- Learn what you would do to shut off the water for a sink, a toilet, a washing machine, or a water heater. If there is a main shut-off valve for your home, show where it is located.
- Describe to your Webelos den leader how to fix or make safe the following circumstances with help from an adult:
- A toilet is overflowing.
- The kitchen sink is clogged.
- A circuit breaker tripped, causing some of the lights to go out.Let’s Fix It.
- Select and do eight of the following. You will need an adult’s supervision for each of these Fix It projects: (see Webelo handbook for list; there are a lot of options here.)
If you missed this adventure, then be creative and follow along at home and let Jason and Phil know about your progress! See page 354 of the Webelo handbook.