Cub Scout Pack 3000 (a.k.a. Pack3K or P3K) is based in Milton, GA, which is about 45 minutes North of Metro Atlanta and is a part of the Atlanta Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Pack Meetings – We typically hold our pack meetings on the 4th Monday of each month at the Birmingham United Methodist Church (BUMC), our charter partner.
P3K Ranks – As with all cub scout packs, P3K’s scouts are divided up into six ranks as follows:
- (Kindergarten) Lion Cubs: eager young scouts are welcome to experience a reduced schedule and program designed specifically for their wiggles.
- (1st grade) Tiger Rank: tigers and parents receive an introduction to the fundamentals of scouting.
- (2nd grade) Wolf Rank: scouts begin exploring more electives and shaping individual interests.
- (3rd grade) Bear Rank: Whittling Chip elegible, bears begin practicing greater responsibility.
- (4th grade) Webelos Rank: “We’ll be Loyal Scouts” — Webelos help build campfires and begin the expanding program for older scouts.
- (5th grade) Arrow of Light Rank: well-trained scouts begin practicing independence.
Dens – Each rank is divided up into one or more dens, each with approximately 5 – 10 scouts. Dens are run by den leaders (one or more parents) and meet roughly twice per month during the school year, except Lions.
Cub Scout Pack 3000 is open to all boys and girls in K through 5th grade. For more information, please contact Cubmaster John Nuttall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pack 3000 is all about having fun! Throughout the year we participate in a wide range of activities including:
- The Pinewood Derby – Each scout makes and races his own wooden race car. Every scout enjoys participating, has a chance to win a judges award and even win a speed trophy as the race winner for their age group!
- Rocket Day – Each scout builds, decorates, and launches his own rocket. These are not toys – they are real rockets using real rocket engines – lets reach for the stars!
- Pack and Den Campouts – We typically have two pack campouts each year either at our area campground or at one of the Atlanta Area Council camp facilities. Activities include games, family camping, hikes, cooking, games and skits, great food, a fun campfire program and a lot more!
- Pack Field Trip – each year we select a destination for an overnight field trip. Past trips have included Space Camp – Huntsville, AL, the Georgia Aquarium, the USS Yorktown in Charleston harbor, SC, and the McWane Science Center in Birmingham, AL. These are very educational and very fun. What could be better than an overnight with your buddies?